Wednesday, October 7, 2009

what a wonderful week!

This has been my week, apparently, when it comes to getting random compliments from strangers! Today at the commissary, a woman complimented my hair color (thinking it was dyed) - she went on about how it was the perfect shade of red, etc. When I told her it was actually my natural color, she gushed even more. Made my day! It was also a reminder to me that when I think something nice about someone, I need to open my mouth and say it! So often, we fail to do that. What a nicer place the world would be if we vocalized every nice thought we had about others....

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

OK, this is the third attempt at posting a comment. Don't know why I keep having problems logging into blogger. Aargh!

I agree with your post--I never regret handing out a sincere compliment. I don't know why I sometimes hesitate to do so.

Thanks so much for your comments on my blog! I so appreciate your wisdom and perspective. Also, you are the queen of validating others, which is such a rare and valuable trait in a friend. I love it!

As for Juliana, to answer your question, she had heart problems from a young age. Apparently, she had a transplant earlier in the year, but died recently from complications. Not sure what exactly the complications were. I knew she had heart problems, but had no idea how serious they had become.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone

I'm new to this , but I guess I shall be spending quite a bit of time here as there seems to be so much going on! I'm hoping to make some new friends
Take care, Dennis from [url=http://www.myonlinepayday.com]My Online Payday[/url] website!