Sunday, October 25, 2009

back from springfield

It's late (for me, anyway), and I need to shower and get to bed, but I wanted to get on here and give you the weekend in a nutshell:

We had a lovely time on Friday evening, just hanging out at Dad's house. My brother and one of his girls came over, as did Tim. We had pizza and good convo, and just relaxed. Saturday was a gorgeous, sunny day for Tim's company picnic at a beautiful Springfield park. We went and had a great time! One of his coworkers is a talented amateur photographer and was taking portraits, with all the proceeds going to United Way. She took some amazing pics of Tim, Nick, and me. I can't wait to get my CD! I'll be sure to share. The best part of the picnic was when Nick won in his age group in the kids' costume contest! He was wearing a really cute train conductor costume, and he really was the cutest kid in his age group (and the only boy!). He got a great felt bat basket full of candy and trinkets. He was so proud and excited, and so were we! After the picnic, we ran around and did a little shopping. I got a new yoga mat, and also pre-purchased tires for one of our cars, which we'll have installed next weekend. We then returned to Dad's house to relax for a bit before we all headed out to a Chinese buffet for dinner. (Do you see how horribly I eat in Springfield?) Saturday night, it was early to bed for me, as I had to get up early today to sing at church. That went really well, and I thought I looked pretty spiffy in my dress and knee-high high-heeled boots. I swear I will share pics of all this stuff when I get a chance! Tim came to the early service and recorded me, and we then snuck out to Panera for a pastry and visit. After the second service, I returned to Dad's house, where we got mostly packed up and ready to leave. Then, I headed back to church to sing at the installation service for the new minister, after which we came home to St. Robert. We got back at 6:30 this evening. Whew! It was a whirlwind weekend, and it's good to be home...

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

Sounds like fun. Can't wait to see the pictures!

B1L said...

To answer your questions (I don't know why I am too lazy to actually email you....) the rollers were made out of that egg crate foam stuff you put on your bed to make it softer. We had some in a giant bean bag chair. I just spray painted it black.

Tommy went as Mickey Mouse--we had a cute little pj outfit and Charlotte was a cat. I tried posting pics on FB, but they turn out all screwed up every time. Not sure what the problem is. I'll have to try again.
Patty