Tuesday, October 20, 2009

apparently, it IS whether you win or lose!

Today on the way home from school, Nick informed me that his class had won a contest and thereby would get a pizza and ice cream party (Don't even get me started on the fact that apparently, school is all about seeing how much crap they can feed the children!). This contest was a "drink drive", in which parents were asked to donate bottled water or juice boxes or pouches. Ironically, our family had nothing to do with his class winning, as I refused to donate those things, since I don't believe in using them. Anywho, after announcing that his class had won, Nick shouted (with maniacal glee) "Victory is mine!" :)

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Oh, I love that! Too funny.

I agree with you on the use of pouches, juice boxes, and bottled water. We rarely buy these items. Instead we have reusable water bottles, thermoses, etc. Good for you for taking a stand. Why were they collecting those things anyway? To donate? Whatever happened to canned food drives?