Monday, October 5, 2009

i'm STILL smiling!

So, today, I went to donate blood at the Red Cross Bloodmobile at Walmart. As I approached the mobile, an RC guy greeted me, saying "Hello, young lady." Well, that just about made my day, as I don't get called that much anymore. A bit later, when I was sitting there doing the donation, the song "Don't Stop Believin'" was playing on the radio. I was singing along softly, and a young man (maybe late teens?) who was also donating asked me what the title of the song was. I told him, and then turned to the RC worker next to me and said "He's not even old enough to know that song!" We shared a chuckle about our "advanced age", and I said "Well, I'm just thrilled that the guy outside called me "young lady", as I don't hear that much anymore." The young man then piped up and said, in a very respectful, non-creepy way, "Well, you're very beautiful." Well, blow me down! It was completely random and unexpected, and totally made my day!!

3 comments:

Patty O. said...

Wow, that was so sweet. True and sweet!

Patty O. said...

P.S. I'm glad you are posting again. I miss your blog posts. They make me feel like I am living closer to you....

Edison and Jasper said...

I must say, Amy, that with your pretty grown-out hair and your skinny self, you are looking quite ravishing. I feel saggy and frumpy. Got any exercise-love to spare? ;)

Sarah