Wednesday, July 1, 2009

skirting the issue :)

So, I had a couple of embarrassing moments during the trip, which I thought I would share with you. I have this skirt that I got for $14 at the PX (Post Exchange, for those of you who aren't military), and I have really fallen in love with it. It's just a simple soft knit flouncy knee-length affair in a goes-with-anything grey color, and it's beyond comfortable. I decided to wear it on the drive, because it's just so comfortable, non-binding, and "easy." It didn't give me any trouble on the trip to VA, but for some reason, on the way home, I had some issues with it. First, we had stopped at a rest stop to go to the bathroom. I did my business and came out of the restroom to wait for Brian and Nick. An older lady who was passing by me on her way into the restroom tapped my shoulder and said "Your skirt is tucked up in the back, dear." !!! Yes, my skirt was tucked up into my granny panties! I wanted to die. Thank goodness that woman told me before I had gone on that way any longer. The second incident happened at a gas station, and I was once again wearing granny panties. (I do actually have cuter, sexier panties, but didn't see the point in wearing them on the trip and was only concerned with comfort. ) It was quite blustery, and despite my attempts to gather up my skirt in my hand and hold it against myself, the unthinkable happened. I was squeegeeing the windshield, and a gust of wind came along and completely blew my skirt up, exposing my granny panties (once again) to everyone at the gas station. I quickly retreated into the car, red-faced. :) Thought those anecdotes might brighten your day - after all, what's the point of an embarrassing moment if you can't laugh about it and share it with your friends?

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Thanks for sharing! Glad you can laugh about it. I'm thinking you probably made someone's day that day at the gas station. : )