Friday, July 10, 2009

not very bloggish lately...

Hmmm...I've realized that I've not been very bloggish lately. I don't know what's up with that. I wonder if the ability to do quick little status updates on Facebook has made me lazy in regards to my "real" blog. Could be. Summer probably has something to do with it, too. Just not as much to talk about.

But, here I am, blogging today, finally! It's very gloomy outside, which is putting me in a rather melancholy mood - never fails. In a couple of hours, I'll be leaving to go to Springfield for the weekend by myself (!). I'm going to do some shopping and mostly spend a lot of time with Tim, working out, talking, making dinner together tomorrow, etc. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll miss my boys, but it's only for the weekend!

I'm still up about 4 lbs. over my "happy weight". I'm not freaked out about it, but I do want to drop those pounds. After everything I've accomplished, I know that I have the capacity to do something about it, and I need to just buckle down and do it. So, my plan is to resume counting calories next week. I figure that if I do that, I can easily knock those 4 lbs. off within a month. Wish me luck! It really sucks to count calories, but it's what works. It's going to be hard to discipline myself and feel hungry, given the way I've let go lately and overindulged, but I know I can do it! After losing 65 lbs., 4 ought to be doable. :) And who knows? Maybe I'll drop a couple more and actually get under 140. We shall see. Baby steps.

And that's pretty much all I have to say right now. Catch ya next week!...

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

THANKS! I just decided to check your blog while I try to muster up the motivation to work out. And reading your post gave it to me, so thank you! I have been working out in the morning, but couldn't pull myself out of bed today. I do think mornings work better for me, so I will keep that in mind tomorrow morning.

Anyway, even though you live far away, you are still motivating me to stick to this whole diet and exercise thing!

Have a great weekend.