Sunday, July 5, 2009

more fun than should be legal!

We drove up to Fenton, MO yesterday afternoon to spend the day with some of my relatives on my Mom's side of the family. The main family involved were the Klinglers, and I love them! Uncle Jim is my mom's brother, and then there's Aunt Karen and my cousins Jessica and Brian and John and Sarah. There were various other peeps there, including another cousin of mine named Mike who is a serious hoot. We were also joined by Tim and his friend Brian (three Brians at the same party!), which served to seriously ratchet up the hilarity level. :) I don't think I've had so much fun since college! At one point, I was sitting at the basement bar with "the guys" and Jessica, and we were all being so incredibly bawdy and laughing so hard that I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I'm so glad we went. Nick had a great time playing with his little cousins Claire and Evan (whom he called "Kevin" for most of the day), and we just all enjoyed the family, good food, and good times. Ironically, we didn't really get to partake of the fireworks, because by the time those were started, we were all exhausted and Nick was rather scared of the loud noises. So, we decided that we should go ahead and make our way home, since it's a drive of an hour and 40 mins. We didn't get home until almost 11:30! We poured Nick into bed and then poured ourselves into bed for blissful slumber. What a long, great day! Hope everyone had an equally faboo 4th of July!

And now (drumroll, please) for the quote of the day (when discussing the merits or lack thereof of various kinds of underwear): "I don't mind a gentle wedgie, such as the one I'm experiencing right now..." - Amy Hoogstraet ;)

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Sounds like my kind of good time. Glad you had fun!